Monday, June 19th: 12:30 to 8:00 PM
5 hours of free MCLE for members, including 2 hours of ethics.
Join us the afternoon of June 19, at the annual Clarence Darrow Award & Summer CLE and party of the Harris County Democratic Lawyers’ Association! See past winners.
Best deal in town – free for HCDLA members – for 5 pre-approved hours CLE with 1 hour Ethics, with all-star lineup, and including at the close of the event food, wine, beer, and a spectacular venue, Hotel Zaza!
- 12:30 Check-in. Nachos & Antipasto available
- 12:50 Opening Remarks & Announcements
- 1:00-2:00 Fran Watson
Civil Rights in 2017, the 50th Anniversary of Thurgood Marshall’s Swearing-in.
- 2:00-3:00 Philip Zelikow
Law & Order: Global, Balancing Civil Rights & National Security.
- 3:00-3:15 Break with cheese, fruit, & sweets.
- 3:15-4:15 Patricia Bernstein
Ten Dollars to Hate: Then and Now.
- 4:15-5:15 Reenactment of Texas 1925 All-Woman Supreme Court, Organized by: David Furlow
Remarks by: Judge Ruby Kless Sondock, the first woman appointed to serve full time on the Texas Supreme Court
Participants: US Federal Judge Lee Rosenthal, Judge Katie Kennedy, Judge Phyllis Frye, Justice Terry Jennings, Tim Riley and Alan Van Fleet.
- 5:15 Reception begins, bar opens, & food served.
- 5:45-6:45 Clarence Darrow Award Presentation.
- National Anthem
Isabel Artzer & Arjun Balkishan Singhal Clarence Darrow introduction, Dinesh Singhal, HCDLA President
John Raley introduction – Mike Morton
Award presentation & John Raley’s acceptance speech
For any inquiries, call 713-222-8500 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on June 19 and thereafter!
President, Harris County Democratic Lawyers’ Association